The Advancement team is looking for positive, enthusiastic fundraising callers to join the team during peak giving times between December and January. Annual Giving callers work with Blake’s Advancement Office to present the case for annual support through contacting Blake alumni, parents and friends by telephone and email. Callers act as a representative of Blake with the specific goal of securing financial contributions to the Blake Fund, updating contact information, and thanking donors for their donations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Soliciting through direct communication, including calling, writing and email.
- Gain an understanding of the school and its annual needs for financial support.
- Connect by phone with significant numbers of alumni, parents and friends.
- Provide information on Blake and answer any questions asked by prospects.
- Secure donations by credit card.
- Capture information over the telephone and accurately record this information.
- Thanking donors for their generosity to Blake.
- Develop strong listening skills to allow for effective interactions between yourself and Blake’s constituents.
- Build teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Display maturity, responsibility and professionalism during all conversations.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Complete paperwork accurately, completely, and legibly.
- Arrive to each calling session on time and with a positive attitude.