The Blake School seeks to hire a Donor Relations Manager to join the Institutional Advancement Office.
Blake’s student body is composed of 1,360 pre-K to grade 12 students on three unique campuses in the Minneapolis metropolitan area. Blake’s mission is to provide students with an excellent, academically challenging education in a diverse and supportive community committed to a common set of values. Blake’s students are expected to participate in an integrated program of academic, artistic and athletic activities in preparation for college, lifelong learning, community service and lives as responsible world citizens.
Blake’s core values are respect, love of learning, integrity, courage and commitment to pluralism. The ideal candidate will be inspired by this mission and set of core values and be proud to join an institution which has, for over 100 years, produced thoughtful, well-prepared graduates who contribute leadership and service across professions and communities nationally and internationally.
The Donor Relations Manager is an integral member of Blake’s Advancement team. This colleague thinks intensively about Blake’s donors and carefully arranges appreciation steps for supporters of the school. The successful manager spends the majority of their time coordinating effective stewardship activities, while also developing new and customized ways to honor donors. The manager reports to the Director of Annual Giving and works collaboratively with many members of Advancement. The manager also participates as a member of the reunion planning team, with volunteer management responsibilities for a small portion of reunion activities each year.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of comprehensive donor recognition program
- Lead development and implementation of a new integrated three-year stewardship plan
- Prepare and manage the annual philanthropic impact report
- Provide leadership to maintain and update, when needed, physical recognition spaces on campus, including annual giving, planned giving and campaign recognition
- Manage all aspects of annual reporting to donors of endowed and current restricted funds
- Lead a segment of volunteer management associated with reunion
- Manage a small number of donor assignments (approx. 20) in support of the department’s stewardship and annual giving goals
- Participate in school-wide activities and planning and help represent Advancement in the life of the school